Sunday, August 4, 2013

Joy Unfolding

The journey toward joy continues. Yesterday, after making a concerted effort, along with my Love, to embrace this time as a time of renewal and examination, we came face to face with the wiles of the devil. He comes only to "kill, steal, and destroy". Unfortunately, we fell for a time, to his deception and lies. You know, how in the real world he makes us think we are frustrated, hurt by or otherwise bothered by those we would normally give our lives breath for...that kind of lie. That nonsense continued far longer than I'd hoped for, but ultimately we all "saw" really what was happening. We confessed and apologized and asked for forgiveness...for joining in a game that should never have been played.

We truly are like dumb sheep. We desperately need Our Shepherd.

So, prior to the onslaught, I had been poring over the lyrics to a new song by Audrey Assad. They have haunted my soul since I first heard them. This is my hearts cry on this journey toward joy.


                    From the love of my own comfort
                    From a fear of having nothing
                    From a life of worldly passions 
         
                    Deliver me, Oh God

                   From a need to be understood
                   From a need to be accepted
                   From the fear of being lonely

                   Deliver me, Oh God
                   Deliver me, Oh God

                   And I shall not want
                   No, I shall not want
                   When I taste Your goodness
                   I shall not want

                  From a fear of serving others
                  Oh from the fear of death or trial
                  And from a fear of humility

                   Deliver me, Oh God
                   Yes, deliver me, Oh God
             

When I read these words and hear the melody to this song, I feel so real inside as I worship my God.
All these words are true, and I have yet to master my position in both being delivered and not wanting.

But what I know is that  Paul spoke Gods very words when he wrote in Philippians 1:6 "And I am convinced,and sure of this very thing, that He Who began a good work in you will continue until the day of Jesus Christ (right up to the time of His return) developing that good work and perfecting it and bringing it to full completion in you."

It is with that hope and assurance that I go forward each day in Him. Sometimes running with anticipation, other days carried by His grace alone.

All along the way, I am ever in His Hand. He knows the end from the beginning. He holds all things together by His Word. He makes all things work together for my good.

It is a journey. A walk with Him. Each walk starts with single steps.One foot in front of the other, one step at a time. He is my Guide. "Your Word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path." Psalm 119:105


No comments:

Post a Comment